Alright, so I never found a break-up song. Instead, I found “fuck yeah, things are going to be okay” songs. I call it the “You Better Work, Bitch” playlist, and it’s been awesome.
When I’m in Maui I go on these four mile walks. So I blast this playlist and feel like a bad ass bitch, like South Kihei Road is my fucking run way, and I’m model-stomping my way past everyone and all my problems. Or, if it’s a particularly awesome tune, I pretend I’m doing that slow motion walk thing in a super hero movie.
This is my collection of songs about women being strong, songs about being happy, songs about being sexy, and some Justin Timberlake, of course. If you need a little bad-ass bitch boost, add these songs to your ipod right now:
- ***Flawless, Beyoncé
- Don’t Hold the Wall, Justin Timberlake
- Happy, Pharrell
- Uptown Funk, Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
- On My Own, Miley Cyrus
- Run the World (Girls), Beyoncé
- Work Bitch, Brittany Spears
- Tightrope, Janelle Monáe
- Harder Better Faster Stronger, Daft Punk
- Let the Groove Get In, Justin Timberlake
- Titanium, David Guetta ft. Sia
- Get Lucky, Daft Punk
- Shake It Off, Taylor Swift
- King Of Anything, Sarah Bareilles
- Elastic Heart, Sia
Okay, fellow bad ass bitches, what other songs am I missing? They have to be good for working out, and/or strutting down the road like you own the damn place.